Monday, February 18, 2019

Our favorite Keto baking ingredients!


Keto Baking can be fun with the right ingredients!  Here are some of the great ingredients we enjoy!  Click the photos for more information about each item!


Keto Friendly Flours: 



Almond Flour is an important ingredient in our home.  It is in so many recipes!  We prefer the organic varieties of Almond flours.  If that is a bit above budget then choose one of the certified Non-GMO flours.  I put both kinds here for you!  Please note almond meal is not the same as almond flour.


Organic Coconut flour is an amazing complement to the almond flour.  I use 1 part Coconut Flour to 4-6 parts Almond flour in my backing.  The coconut flour is much drier so it helps to make the backing a little lighter than it is with just almond flour.  It is not something I bake alone with most of the time because it is quite flaky when baked by itself.


For Sweeteners we use mostly MonkFruit sweeteners.  The Lakanto Classic, Golden, and powdered have added erythritol in it so those sensitive to this may prefer the non-blended sweeteners.  I have noticed that when using the pure extracts there is a little bit more of a taste to it.  The Golden is my families favorite for Keto cookies and cakes.  The Monk drops work great in baking too where you just need a tiny bit of sweetness.  We also use Monk drops in Keto Jello and tea.  Pure Monk has the strongest monk taste out of all of the ones above.  The best part about Monk fruit is that the sweetener comes from antioxidants rather than fructose.  So you get the added bonus of antioxidants with the sweetness that according to studies does not trigger any glycemic response!


Our Favorite Salt:



Murray River is the best we have found by far!  The taste is light and amazing.  It is so good that you can use it in everything from Keto baking to making your favorite salted truffle!

Organic or Non-GMO Baking Soda and Baking Powder:



These are options for Baking Soda and Baking Powder.  If you are corn sensitive or allergic to corn like me you can make an alternative to Baking Powder by using 2 Tablespoon Baking Soda,  2 Tablespoons Arrow Root Powder, and 4 Tablespoons Cream of Tartar to make your own.  You can find the Cream of Tartar and Arrow Root Powder below!


Spices, Flavors, and extras:



I will be adding extra spices and ingredients as I go.  These are some of our most used go to spices and extras.

Seeds and Nuts:




Healthy Oils:




There are so many good choices for adding healthy fats to your food to make it Keto friendly.  These are just some of our favorites!

Essential Oils we love For Baking:

  


 Please only use essential oils labeled for internal use for cooking.  Young Living has an amazing line of vitality essential oils that are labeled for internal use.  Click on the photos above to learn more about these amazing oils!

Would you like to know more about some of our favorite Keto Treats?  Click here!




*Disclosure: The links above lead to products for purchase on my affiliate site. I do not receive compensation from the individual companies for using their products in my recipes.  I simply use the products I feel are best for myself and my family at the time. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 




No comments:

Post a Comment