Saturday, January 7, 2012

Day 5 and 6 of Detox! More juicing!

Day 5 and day 6 of the detox seemed to fly by! The juices I tried were great! Well most of them where great! I did end up giving one to Chris!

Basically I made a whole bunch of different green juices and a couple of great berry juices!

My choice for greens was organic baby spinach because they are high in vitamins and are abundant right now and when you add either a citrus fruit or parsley the spinach is not tasted at all! It is great! Normally I don't like spinach salads the texture doesn't thrill me but as a drink it works well!

All the phytonutrients in leafy green veggies really help to boost your immune system which is great for detoxifying your body.

God created wonderful varieties of greens that you can choose from to put in your green juice. Here are some of my favorites:
Collard Greens
Kale
Swiss Chard
Rainbow Swiss Chard
Green Cabbage
Parsley
Spinach
& Baby Spinach

You can pick up a lot of these greens at farmers markets when they are in season. Organic varieties of these veggies are also available from most quality grocery stores. I suggest trying a few to find your favorites!

Grapefruit is a great thing to add to green juice! It helps to cut some of the bitterness from the greens. We all know that grapefruit is good for weight loss and for vitamin C but did you know that it also helps fight free radicals and reduce toxins in the body. Grapefruit is know to help the liver to produce the enzymes it needs to detoxify the body. It has also been know to help lower cholesterol!

Apples add a little bit of sweetness and some more great benefits to green juice! Apples also have tons of great health benefits too! They are often overlooked by people looking for the new super fruits but apples actually can help lower cholestorol, helps your body make oxygen better and can help boost your imunity!

Berries are also great sources of vitamin... they will make green juice brown though so be prepared.

I will put up a couple of my favorite juice recipes from the 3 days of green juice! I really feel quite refreshed!


No comments:

Post a Comment